I recently made a Festool upgrade that once again proved how well designed their tools are. It is an attachment for my 1400 router that drills uniform 5mm holes for adjustable shelf pins. I had about 1500 holes to mill out and my old method of using a drill and a small plastic template just wasn't going to cut it.This set up normally uses one guide rail which gives me about 40" worth of holes. I however needed double that so I connected 2 rails together by cutting a 7mm spacer(7mm I cut off another guide rail). This spacer allowed me to maintain the even spacing from one guide rail to another. I am actually kind of surprised that the ability to connect two of these rails doesn't exist.
While it was a VERY expensive way to mill out these holes, it really was worth it when I think about the accuracy and speed it provided me with. I can't even imagine what I would have done with out this.
No comments:
Post a Comment